qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vmstate conversion for virtio?

From: Rusty Russell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vmstate conversion for virtio?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 09:47:22 +1030

Juan Quintela <address@hidden> writes:

> Rusty Russell <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>         I want to rework the qemu virtio subsystem, but various
>> structures are currently blatted to disk in save/load.  So I looked at
>> altering that, only to discover that it needs conversion to vmstate, and
>> 2009 patches in patchwork which have never been applied.
>>
>> Has there been any progress on this?  A git tree I should be using?
>
> My trees are more than 1 year old, and unfinished (basic trouble is how
> to express the lists of pending requests for block and now serial).  I
> haven't yet looked at virtio-scsi.

That's the easy part though, and part of what I want to change.

All we need is the index of the request; the rest can be re-read from
the ring.  So create the array in pre_save, and restore on post_load.

Is there something more recent than
http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/quintela.git/shortlog/refs/heads/vmstate/virtio
or should I cherry-pick from there?

Thanks,