qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Auto start script

From: Ignacio Geli
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Auto start script
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:39:12 -0300

Hi all...
    Sorry if im not posting in the proper list, but i have a solaris 2.5.1 up and running under qemu virtualization, the thing is that every time i boot it i need to enter "boot disk0" on the console to get it up and if I close that console i goes down.

I write a few lines to make it automatic:

/usr/local/sbin/boot-sun.sh
----------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/expect
set timeout -1
log_user 0
spawn /usr/local/sbin/start-sun.sh
expect "ok"
send "boot disk0 \r"
expect eof
----------------------------------

/usr/local/sbin/start-sun.sh:
----------------------------------
sudo /opt/qemu/sparc-softmmu/qemu-system-sparc -M SS-5 -startdate 2009-12-13 -m 256 -bios /opt/solaris/ss5.bin -nographic -hda /srv/discos-solaris/solaris.disk1 -hdb /srv/discos-solaris/solaris.disk2 -hdc /srv/discos-solaris/solaris.disk3 -device lance -net nic -net tap,ifname=tap0

It did work some times, but now is not working. Im no expert and do not know how to debub the script since i cant get output from expect command. Maybe someone write something similar to make it boot automatically. any help will be apreciated
Regards
Ignacio

--

ITECNIS SRL
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

        Ignacio Geli
        Implementación y Soporte