qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the current state of the various usb implementa

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the current state of the various usb implementations?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:05:04 +0100

On 12/10/12 17:38, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent this to qemu-discuss a week ago and got no responses, so I'm trying
> here.
>
> Looking at `qemu-kvm -device ?`, there seem to be multiple usb
> implementations:
> ich9-usb-uhci2
> ich9-usb-uhci3
> ich9-usb-uhci1
> piix3-usb-uhci
> piix4-usb-uhci
> vt82c686b-usb-uhci

These are all UHCI, just variants with different pci ids for the
different chipsets we are emulating.  USB 1.1.  Stable.

> ich9-usb-ehci1
> usb-ehci

Likewise these basially differ in the pci id only.  USB 2.0.  Needs
UHCI/OHCI companion controllers for USB 1.1 support (see
docs/ich9-ehci-uhci.cfg).  Stable.

> nec-usb-xhci

XHCI.  USB 3.0.  Mostly stable.  Has seen less testing that the others
though, both because it is the youngest code base and because guest
support isn't that good.

cheers,
  Gerd