qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] qemu-1.1.2 [FIXED-BY] qcow2: Fix avail_sectors in

From: Philipp Hahn
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] qemu-1.1.2 [FIXED-BY] qcow2: Fix avail_sectors in cluster allocation code
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:03:25 +0100

Hello Kevin,

On Wednesday 12 December 2012 18:29:48 Philipp Hahn wrote:
> I just re-run my "git bisect run ~/bisect.sh"  case, but it again arrived
> at that patch. I just queued another run for tonight so make sure the test
> is reliable:

The run from last night again arrived at the refecenced patch.

> > Ideally we would find a sequence of qemu-io commands to reliably
> > reproduce this. First thing worth trying would be running the current
> > qemu-iotests suite on the old versions. If we don't find it this way, I
> > guess we need to catch it with code review. I'm not sure if I can get to
> > it this week, and starting next week I'll be on vacation, so any help
> > with finding a reproducer would be appreciated.

I took a closer look at what gets corrupted; I've attached my notes.
Please notice that the partitions are not alignd properly.

If you would like to look at the full qcow2_alloc_clusters_offset trace, I can
provide you with a link to the trace file.

BYtE
Philipp
--
Philipp Hahn           Open Source Software Engineer      address@hidden
Univention GmbH        be open.                       fon: +49 421 22 232- 0