qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] About function "change" on monitor for 1wire iBUTTON emulat

From: ASM
Subject: [Qemu-devel] About function "change" on monitor for 1wire iBUTTON emulator.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:49:42 +0300

Hi folks!

I wrote emulator for 1wire iBUTTON reader on RS-232 port (very specific).
It uses simple circuit (see some:
http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/214)

It works on char device (option: " -serial 1wire" for using)

I have some questions:
1. How can I change options for this device?

I like qemu monitor. It has "change" command. But “change” command
changes only block devices. Maybe need to fix “change” command, and
add support for chardev devices?

I can use QMP but I think that monitor is easier (for beginner just me).

2. Will this virtual device be useful into qemu?

I have no experience in the development in qemu. It takes a while
to release patches in normal form (include Coding Style and other).
If this device can be useful for qemu, I will try to do a set of
regular patches.

Sorry for my English.

--
Leonid Myravjev