qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Translate GFN to ram_addr

From: YoungJoon Lee
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Translate GFN to ram_addr
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:25:32 +0900

Hello,

I'm learning about qemu migration. My qemu version is 0.13.0

I want to translate GFN(which is Guest physical address >> 12) to ram_addr.

I found cpu_get_physical_page_desc function, which i guess this translation.
I tried next code but it's result is not i want to.(wrong address returned)

target_phys_addr_t start_addr=(gfn)<<TARGET_PAGE_BITS;
ram_addr_t ram_addr = cpu_get_physical_page_desc(start_addr);

If you have any suggestion or tutorials about this, please show me how to.

Thank you.