qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] pixman dependency - compile issue

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] pixman dependency - compile issue
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:57:39 +0100

Hi all,

with the current git master and the git submodule pixman, I get the following errors when trying to "make":

address@hidden:~/qemu-test/qemu-now/qemu$ make
  GEN   x86_64-softmmu/config-devices.mak
  GEN   config-all-devices.mak
  GEN   config-host.h
(cd /home/erik/qemu-test/qemu-now/qemu/pixman; autoreconf -v --install)
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal
configure.ac:61: warning: AC_INIT: not a literal: "address@hidden"
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
configure.ac:61: warning: AC_INIT: not a literal: "address@hidden"
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
configure.ac:61: warning: AC_INIT: not a literal: "address@hidden"
configure.ac:75: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [/home/erik/qemu-test/qemu-now/qemu/pixman/configure] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `/home/erik/qemu-test/qemu-now/qemu/pixman/configure'

My host / compiling system is Debian 6, git clone was just done an hour before this message.

The submodule was added as proposed:
git submodule update --init pixman

Maybe I missed something simple and stupid...

Compiling without pixman is not possible due to the required x86_64-softmmu target.

Did you additionally assert that the pixman module works on old CentOS 9 systems / Debian 4? Some months ago there were new dependencies added to qemu that were reverted / redesigned afterwards due to bigger problems on these distros.

Best regards,

Erik