qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] gen_icount_start

From: biswaranjan panda
Subject: [Qemu-devel] gen_icount_start
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 18:14:19 -0500

Hi ,

I am trying to understand how to count the number of instructions executed in the guest and came across the gen_icount_start and gen_icount_end functions.
What I understand is that in gen_icount_start 'icount_arg' keeps a pointer to gen_opparam_ptr which is used in gen_icount_end to patch up the value . I however didnt understand what the 'horrid hack' is about. Can any one give me some idea on this ?

Thanks !