qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU CDROM tray-open and locked logic

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU CDROM tray-open and locked logic
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:42:33 +0100

Il 04/01/2013 11:26, Peter Lieven ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> i have observed the following with qemu-kvm-1.2.0 which I think is not right:
>
> a) if the CDROM is locked and I sent a eject command I get the error that the
> CDROM is locked, but its ejected nevertheless.

That's because the CD-ROM sends an "eject requested" event, and udev
does the unlock & eject itself.

> b) if I eject the CDROM in the OS I see tray-open=1 and locked=1. In the
> tray-open=1 state the CDROM can`t be locked, can it?

A "real" CD-ROM drive could have the tray open and not responding to the
button.  Table 330 of MMC6 matches "Operation Lock, current prevent
state Locked, No media present" to "No Error, media insertion is not
permitted".  I cannot check right now what happens later and whether
QEMU's behavior makes sense.

Paolo