qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI] Testing new patch management scripts...

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI] Testing new patch management scripts...
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:05:28 -0600

Andreas Färber <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am 02.01.2013 19:07, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
>>   2) Patches that no longer apply via git am --3way will receive a
>>      notification.
>
> Isn't Nacked-by too strong of a notification for a mere technical need
> for a rebase (compared to a rejection of its concept/approach)?

Yeah, I need some sort of tag though for tracking purposes..  Maybe
Rejected-by...

> Also, since quite a few of such messages have been appearing on the list
> already, might it make sense to shorten the message and rather link to
> some qemu.org Wiki page to spare subscribers' mailboxes?

I'm focusing at the moment on getting the code in shape to release.  We
can tweak the text bits over time.  Patches will only send one mail
per-thread so it's unlikely that it will ever cause a space problem even
in the stingiest of corporate mailbox quotas :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori