qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] lively write vmstate with predictable size

From: Wenchao Xia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] lively write vmstate with predictable size
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 16:21:14 +0800

于 2013-1-5 6:42, Juan Quintela 写道:
> Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:25:51AM +0800, Wenchao Xia wrote:
>>> resent the mail to mail-list.
>>> -------------------
>>>
>>> Hi, Paolo and Juan
>>>      Currently savevm needs pause vm, and I am working on that make it
>>>   lively.
>>
>> What is the benefit over migrating to file?  I thought we can already do
>> that today?
>
> Load is faster.
>
> He wants to "overwrite" the memory, so, if we dirty one page during
> migration, it overwrite it, instead of having two copies that only make
> the image bigger and slower to load.  Problem is that we need a new
> "format" to be able to do that.
>
> Later, Juan.

  I guess migration to file makes vm stopped, and lack a step
to take snapshot in the end of migration, also the usage seems
strange makes me feel something is lacking. I'd like to
have:
1 take blk snapshot internal/external lively.
2 take vmstate snapshot internal/external lively.
3 combination.

--
Best Regards

Wenchao Xia