qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU buildbot maintenance state (was: Re: KVM call agenda f

From: Daniel Gollub
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU buildbot maintenance state (was: Re: KVM call agenda for 2013-01-29)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:29:16 +0100

Hi Andreas,

thanks for bringing this topic up.

January was quite busy month for me so far I could only handle minor changes
on the buildbot. I hesitate to make larger changes to avoid I break other
stuff. So I just queued them up once I have more time (beginning in February
or so)

I bounced now all open request from you and the suggestion of Gerd (with
regards to append the log on the mail) to Christian Berendt - who is also
maintaining the buildbot on buildbot.b1-systems.de

On Monday, January 28, 2013 02:02:27 PM Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 28.01.2013 11:59, schrieb Juan Quintela:
> > Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.
>
> Buildbot situation:
> * Trees are not being added/updated in a timely fashion

Primary reason why I hesitated to add new trees in the last weeks is pretty
simple:
 - we run out of buildslave power
 - lack of time to setup new buildslaves

If anyone has some spare time and could provide us for a longer period
buildslaves please drop me and Christian a mail for further instruction.

> * Insufficient build test coverage of trees (ppc, s390x, MinGW, BSD)
>
> http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/builders

With regards to the build test coverage for all trees we would have to
refactor the configuration a lot to make it more easier to add and maintain it
in an easy way.

If you have some time left feel free to come up with a patch for that.
This is on my list - but it requires more time then I have available right now
to make it "right".

(The failing macosx buildslave is known issue on the MacOSX site. The
maintainer has also to investigate that at some later point due to lack of
sufficient time.)

> Stefan H. has access to some of the build slaves but not to the main
> buildbot server for configuration, it seems.

JFYI, the main buildbot configuration which controls everything (beside
buildslave credentials) is accessible to everyone:
http://people.b1-systems.de/~gollub/buildbot/

If you are familiar with buildbot feel free to incorporate your suggested
changes directly on a copy and send me or Christian the diff so we just have
to review and apply it.

> If Daniel does not have sufficient time to administer it, can we maybe
> have that set up on qemu.org instead, with more than one person that has
> access to it?

JFYI, I just requested if I am allowed to grant Stefan root access to our box.
I would not mind to give him access - but need to check back with our IT
first.

Best Regards,
Daniel

--