qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU buildbot maintenance state

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU buildbot maintenance state
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:10:23 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Am 28.01.2013 15:29, schrieb Daniel Gollub:
> thanks for bringing this topic up.
>
> January was quite busy month for me so far I could only handle minor changes
> on the buildbot. I hesitate to make larger changes to avoid I break other
> stuff. So I just queued them up once I have more time (beginning in February
> or so)
[snip]

Some kind of reply indicating so would've been nice, you were already
CC'ed last year a few times. ;)

Anyway, my point is that we are approaching Hard Freeze and seeing
weekly pulls with recurring breakages on one or another platform (pci on
ppc, s390x on mingw32). Some people have been assuming that if they
don't get mails from the build bots then their tree is okay to merge.

Our shortened release cycle leads to two weeks of Soft Freeze where
everyone pushes their queues before Feb 1 and most breakages occur.
During Hard Freeze we can still try to fix anything the bots report, but
catching errors before they land in master would be better:

At QEMU Summit Anthony requested that each submaintainer's tree be added
to the buildbot system; if there are as you now indicate build power
shortages, I suggest you specify what exactly is needed, maybe someone
in the community can help out. To me it was not clear at least. The
revived ppc slave is hopefully not running into a bottleneck yet. :)

I'll take a look at the config later.

Thanks,
Andreas