qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU buildbot maintenance state

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU buildbot maintenance state
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:31:22 +0100

  Hi,

> Gerd: Are you willing to co-maintain the QEMU buildmaster with Daniel
> and Christian?  It would be awesome if you could do this given your
> experience running and customizing buildbot.

I'll try to set aside some time for that.  Christians idea to host the
config at github is good, that certainly makes it easier to balance
things to more people.

Another thing which would be helpful:  Any chance we can setup a
maintainer tree mirror @ git.qemu.org?  A single repository where each
maintainer tree shows up as a branch?

This would make the buildbot setup *alot* easier.  We can go for a
AnyBranchScheduler then with BuildFactory and BuildConfig shared,
instead of needing one BuildFactory and BuildConfig per branch.  Also
makes the buildbot web interface less cluttered as we don't have a
insane amount of BuildConfigs any more.  And saves some resources
(bandwidth + diskspace) for the buildslaves.

I think people who want to look what is coming or who want to test stuff
cooking it would be a nice service too if they have a one-stop shop
where they can get everything.

cheers,
  Gerd