qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Headsup: windows virtio networking does not work on cur

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Headsup: windows virtio networking does not work on current git
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 23:49:07 -0200

On 02/05/2013 09:58 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
Vadim, can you please describe in a bit more details what the actual issue
here is, from the windows or windows driver point of view?  Is it really
that bad that the config space size changed?  Why it has this effect?
Is this size specified in the inf file somehow?  Just for us to actually
understand the issue?

Thanks!

/mjt

This should be educational:
https://github.com/YanVugenfirer/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/commit/10413d2bbef295cc0e0e75131147793ccc382155

I guess I chose a bad timing to do test grid maintenance. I've stopped the grid last Thursday to upgrade the test code, then when I resumed operations yesterday, I was checking out on the qemu.git results.

I found out that all Windows tests were failing due to a failure to start the virtio driver. Attached there's an ogg video of what happens. I found this thread and then things make sense...

Well, anyway, once a fix is in place, it'll be easy to verify whether the problem is solved. I'll keep checking on this thread for a fix and report whether it was successful or not.