qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] tap device not working on top of a bridge if on top of a bo

From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
Subject: [Qemu-devel] tap device not working on top of a bridge if on top of a bond?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:49:53 +0100

Hello list,

until now all my bridges were on top of a raw ethernet device. My tap
devices worked fine.

Now ihad moved my bridge on top of a bond but then no tap device is working.

My old Ubuntu/Debian style interfaces file looked like this:
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

<= this worked fine.

Now my new one looked like this:
auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
        slaves eth0 eth1
        bond_mode 802.3ad
        bond_miimon 100
        bond_updelay 200
        bond_downdelay 100

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 178.250.XX
        netmask 255.255.255.128
        gateway 178.250.XX
        bridge_ports bond0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

<= this one results on no connection for the VM. But the host is
reachable fine via his address.

Stefan