qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm segfaulting

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm segfaulting
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:36:54 +0100

Il 13/02/2013 10:07, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG ha scritto:

>> > You can certainly try reverting it, but this patch is fixing a real bug.
> Will try that. Yes but even if it fixes a bug and raises another one
> (kvm segfault) which is the worst one. It should be fixed.

The KVM segfault is exposing a potential consistency problem.  What is
worse is not obvious.  Also, it is happening at reset time if this is
the culprit.  Reset usually happens at places where no data loss is caused.

Can you find out what the VM was doing when it segfaulted?  (Or even,
can you place the corefile and kvm executable somewhere where I can
download it?)

I'll prepare a test program that resets the adapter while doing I/O and
try to reproduce it myself, in the meanwhile: can you grep the VM's
/var/log/messages with kernel messages regarding the storage ("aborting
cmd" and other things after it)?  If not, do your VMs reset themselves
often for example?  Can you reproduce it on non-rbd storage?

Paolo