qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] test images for musicpal and milkymist?

From: Michael Walle
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] test images for musicpal and milkymist?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:03:50 +0100

Am Donnerstag 14 Februar 2013, 17:48:09 schrieb Peter Maydell:
> Hi; I'm looking for test images (and command lines) for the musicpal
> and milkymist targets, because I have a patchset which makes some
> changes to them [I'm trying to get rid of sysbus_add_memory()].
> Does anybody have any to hand?
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Hi Peter,

there is an offical binary for the Milkymist SoC, which should work out of the
box. You can find it here:

  http://www.milkymist.org/updates/current/flickernoise

start it with sth like this:
 qemu-system-lm32 -M milkymist -serial stdio --kernel /tmp/flickernoise

In case you are looking for an image which does some actual testing, i'm
afraid there is none. But sysbus_add_memory is used in softusb, therefore it
should be easy to see if your patch is working. That is, if mouse and keyboard
input is working, softusb is functional.

--
Michael