qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] emulate powerpc(mpc8544ds) on x86 architecture

From: Shi Rong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] emulate powerpc(mpc8544ds) on x86 architecture
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:22:13 +0800

Hi all:
I want to emulate powerpc(mpc8544ds) on x86 architecture, is anybody succeed in it?

My working step:
about qemu:
./configure --cpu=ppc --target-list=ppc-softmmu --enable-fdt --enable-kvm --enable-tcg-interpreter --enable-linux-user --prefix=/home/shir/install/qemu/
make
make install

but everytime I start my qemu-system-ppc,
qemu-system-ppc -M mpc8544ds -kernel uImage -append "root=/dev/ram rdinit=/linuxrc" -initrd initrd -nographic
I get this error :
"KVM: Couldn't find level irq capability. Expect the VM to stall at times
kvm_init_vcpu failed: Cannot allocate memory"

fedora project reference below( https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_and_QEMU_merge ): KVM provides kernel support for running guests of *the same architecture* as the host. Guests run directly on the hardware with out any translation needed by the host, allowing much higher levels of performance to be attained. QEMU can now use the KVM kernel support for higher performance virtualization.
is that true?

--
--------------
Best regards!
Shi Rong
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
No. 6 Wenzhu Road, Nanjing, 210012, China
TEL:+86+25-86630566-8222
MOBILE: 15996209501
address@hidden
This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not an intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying hereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail, permanently
delete this communication from your system, and destroy any hard copies you
may have printed.