qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:10:47 +0100

Richard Henderson <address@hidden> writes:

  That's odd.  I just booted a fedora installer and ran it part way
  through.  Long enough that I'm well past a "no bootable device" message
  from the bios.

  There were changes to my tree since the last push, but as far as I
  remember they were cleanups to powerpc and other irrelevant stuff.

The changes seem to have been quite relevant, though.  After updating,
booting now work for me too.

My adx GMP code also works now.  I won't update the sources again.  :-)

Thanks!

  BTW, the best way to work with trees that are being rebased rather than
  strict incremental development is, once you have a clone in place,

    git fetch origin
    git reset --hard origin/branchname

Since a clone takes perhaps 5 seconds, I used that again.

--
Torbjörn