qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Doubt with qemu_cpu_is_self (non-KVM)

From: Alex Barcelo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Doubt with qemu_cpu_is_self (non-KVM)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:07:28 +0100

I'm struggling with the code to understand the "duty and soul" of the
"qemu_cpu_is_self" function (@cpus.c), and I quite not get it.

I see that this function is called from some points. E.g., from
tcg_hangle_interrupt and run_on_cpu. Amongst others.

Sometimes, seems to me that this function duty is "returns if the
actual thread is an VCPU thread" and sometimes the duty is "return if
the actual thread is specifically this VCPU thread".

On non-KVM QEMU vanilla, this makes no difference because of a unique
VCPU thread. But imagine that there is an emulation thread which
controls multiple VCPU threads...

... then I'm stuck. Somebody can enlighten me? The in-code comments
don't help me anymore, and I'm a little thick following the code
logic.

Thanks!
Alex Barcelo