qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM] Cortex-R4F and VFP3-D16

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM] Cortex-R4F and VFP3-D16
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:16:07 +0000

On 28 February 2013 14:01, Fabien Chouteau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 02/27/2013 09:49 PM, Paul Brook wrote:
>> I've got a patch to implement this as a side-effect of a different feature,
>> I'll look at pushing it out.
>
> Great, don't hesitate to ask if you want some help.
>
> In the meantime I have another question for you. In
> helper.c:vfp_gdb_get_reg(), there's a comment:
>
>  /* VFP data registers are always little-endian.  */
>
> and all the load and store are stfq_le_p and ldfq_le_p. I don't
> understand why VFP registers should always be little-endian.

This is a question of how GDB defines these registers to be
transmitted over the remote protocol -- you'd need to find
the corresponding gdb docs/code.

> In fact I'm
> working on a big-endian R4F (TMS570) and I have endianness issue in the
> communication with GDB.

If you're also trying to get big-endian mode to work (linux-user
mode or system emulation?) you may have more problems than merely
implementing R4 support or VFP-D16 :-)

Are you planning to do the v7 PMSA support?

-- PMM