qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] PCI device assign problems!

From: GaoYi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] PCI device assign problems!
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:13:25 +0800

Hi,

   I am trying to run a PCI card as a pass-throughed device. The PCI driver works well on physical PC but failed on a full-virtualized PC. The KVM confiuration is OK as a pass-throughed network card works. I debuged the PCI driver and found that the some registers of this PCI card should be filled with the physical address of DMA regions. However, the PCI card can only get the virtualized physical address.
   So for a PCI device, it cannot be passthroughed if it requires some physical address to be filled into some registers, right? If it is so, how to make it work as a passthroughed device?
   Appreciated if someone can provide some help.

 Yi