qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG assertion with qemu-system-mipsel

From: Aurélien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG assertion with qemu-system-mipsel
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:37:31 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:10:18PM +0100, Stefan Weil wrote:
> This assertion occured with latest git master:
>
> qemu-system-mipsel: /src/qemu/tcg/tcg-op.h:2589:
>  tcg_gen_goto_tb: Assertion `(tcg_ctx.goto_tb_issue_mask & (1 << idx))
> == 0' failed.
> Aborted
>
> QEMU was built with --enable-debug and running a Debian MIPS Lenny (NFS
> root).
> The assertion happened when running "apt-get update" in the guest.

Is it something reproductible or more or less random? Have you Cc:ed
Richard because it's related to the latest patches?

On my side I am experiencing random segfaults in various guests (at
least PowerPC, MIPS, SH4 and ARM). I have found a way to bisect it, even
if it is quite long (building Perl + the testsuite). Currently I know
that 1.3 is affected, while 1.2 is not.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net