qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The state of testing

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The state of testing
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:59:25 -0300

On 03/05/2013 08:17 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On 03/05/13 11:46, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 05:22:34PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
   Hi,

How are things looking with device emulation, migration, monitor, char, etc?

At the moment autotest/virt-test is pretty much the only workable thing
for non-trivial devices because libqtest lacks infrastructure for pci
and anything building on top of pci.

usb has no in-tree tests, but has autotest coverage.

chardevs have some autotest coverage, /me wrote a test for
chardev-{add,remove} qmp commands.  Still need to rebase + polish +
submit that one though.

Do the USB and chardev tests run regularly against qemu.git/master?

^ No. We still didn't add usb tests to the sanity/stable test sets, but it's something doable, we will add them.

I don't think we have *any* regular autotest coverage for master, have we?

^ Yes, there is coverage. There's a daily job called sanity that takes about 2.5 hours, that builds the latest kvm.git and installs it in the host, then reboots the box, builds the latest qemu master and runs:

1) Linux guest install (RHEL 6.3) with the latest virtio drivers build
2) Migration testing
3) Some more basic checks

4) Linux guest install (Windows 7 SP1) with the latest virtio drivers build
5) Migration testing
6) Some more basic checks

There are more extensive test sets that take about 8 hours, that exercise things like migration with file transfer, timedrift, among others.

This not only runs on master, but RHEL 5.x, 6.x and Fedora 17, 18.