qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PER] Re: socket, mcast looping back frames -> IPv6 br

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PER] Re: socket, mcast looping back frames -> IPv6 broken
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:47:37 +0100

Samuel Thibault, le Fri 08 Mar 2013 10:08:55 +0100, a écrit :
> There does exist some unique address, which is returned by recvfrom,
> I'll have a look at how to get access to it.

Ah, no, it's not unique... It's just the host IP address and the same
port as the multicast address, so it'll be the same for all qemus on the
same host.  I've checked how Linux bounces the datagram, it's through
the loopback interface, and thus dispatched over all listeners without
distinction. I don't see any way to get the information that the packet
comes from us, except using the ethernet content.

Samuel