qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kvm-unit-test poweroff qemu-kvm via acpi

From: Qiu, Shuang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kvm-unit-test poweroff qemu-kvm via acpi
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 05:26:29 +0000

Hello there,

I tried to run kvm-unit-test on uq/master branch commit 3e41a753551a906dd9ed66fb0fc34167a6af3ba0 but failed.

The symptom is that qume cannot exit/poweroff gracefully and keeps rebooting.

After investigating the code, I find the misbehaviors may be introduced by commint 9ee59f341f9d7a95b3a87b7cac3f74bcdda395fb on uq/master branch, in which commit bochs bios debug ports are removed from the codes, instead poweroff should be done via acpi since then.

I find the exit process of kvm-unit-test(repo kvm-unit-test.git) kernel is defined in lib/x86/io.c

void exit(int code);

which still follow the bochs bios debug poweroff paradigm, i.e. write string “Shutdown” to I/O port 0x8900.

Then I tried to poweroff via acpi. However, I could not find the required ACPI table.

I read code in qemu-kvm(repo qemu-kvm.git), acpi table is loaded in function

Int acpi_table_add(const char *t);

Defined in hw/acpi.c.

To add a acpi table, I should pass the name of a file where the expected acpi table is defined. (Am I on the right track? J)

The question is how could I poweroff qemu-kvm via acpi in kvm-unit-test? Is there a pre-defined acpi table in kvm-unit-test, so I can load it directly without compiling my own one?

Thank you and Best!

Shuang