qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Re: AW: adding ports to the ss5.

From: Jean-Michel SCHRAMM
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Re: AW: adding ports to the ss5.
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:29:36 +0100

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Re: AW: adding ports to the ss5.
Date : Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:01:51 +0100
De : address@hidden
Pour : Artyom Tarasenko <address@hidden>
Copie à : address@hidden, breuerr <address@hidden>, "mark.cave-ayland" <address@hidden>

Hi Artyom,
Thanks for your answer from the airport... where are you bond to?

Artyom Tarasenko <address@hidden> a écrit&nbsp;:

>> So is there a way to modify ss5.bin?
>
> None that I know of. If you have to use the proprietary firmware
> (ss5.bin, ss20.bin and so on), I think extending qemu that it persists
> nvram is the way to go. I think the initialization of the nvram
> happens in sun4m.c. At least it used to be there. You'd have to add
> some option like -nvram=file.bin which would disable -prom-env
> options.

OK, great info. I might try this when I will succeed getting new
serial port to the prom.

>> To add ports I am trying to modify sun4m.c and escc.c and add fields
>> qemu_irq & CharDriverState to the escc_init function. Is that the
>> correct way to do it?
>
> I think so. Except that I'm not sure you have to modify escc.c. But
> I'm sitting at the airport and don't have qemu sources handy.

Well, I thought I had to had fields to the escc_init function because
I was understanding qemu_irq & CharDriverState fields as ttya and ttyb
description. But I understand from your answser that I was confused by
the a & b channel for an escc port?
But then where are the two intitialisation of ttya and ttyb?
I think I lack understanting of this:

  slavio_serial_ms_kbd_init(hwdef->ms_kb_base, slavio_irq[14],
                               display_type == DT_NOGRAPHIC, ESCC_CLOCK, 1);
     // Slavio TTYA (base+4, Linux ttyS0) is the first Qemu serial device
     // Slavio TTYB (base+0, Linux ttyS1) is the second Qemu serial device
     escc_init(hwdef->serial_base, slavio_irq[15], slavio_irq[15],
               serial_hds[0], serial_hds[1], ESCC_CLOCK, 1);

Especially the coment (no much comment in there :-) ) base+4 and
base+0. I can't see where this is defined. I attached the sources if
you are getting bored in the airport... ;-)

Thanks again. Have a nice flight.
Jean Michel