qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is is a bug? (window scale)

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is is a bug? (window scale)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:36:15 -0600

On 03/17/2013 10:34 PM, Peter Cheung wrote:
> Hi All   Is is a bug? (window scale)
> I am running Fedora 18 64 bits.

Sending a 1.8 megabyte email, with a question embedded in the attached
image instead of in the plain-text portion of the email, is a waste of
bandwidth and considered not very polite on a list that is widely
distributed to lots of readers, many of whom prefer text-only
communication.  If you MUST describe a bug via a screenshot, compress
the image to be less than a 200k, and/or host the image externally and
merely post a URL to the image, instead of attaching it, and make sure
that you have done your best to describe the situation without having to
view the image.

Additionally, it would help if you gave more details when reporting your
bug, such as what command line you used to start qemu, what version of
qemu you are using (we don't know if you are using the version bundled
in Fedora 18, or if you built your own), whether there is any other
package involved (such as using libvirt to spawn qemu instead of
starting qemu directly from the command line yourself), and so on.

For the benefit of those readers who have their mail client set up to
not display images automatically, I will transcribe your question out of
your image, although I'm not able to answer it myself.