qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QOM-ify QemuConsoles ...

From: Stefan Berger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QOM-ify QemuConsoles ...
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:51:39 -0400

On 03/20/2013 09:39 AM, Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi Gerd,

Am 20.03.2013 10:55, schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
I think the next logical step ahead is to QOM-ify the QemuConsoles, so
we can link the QemuConsole to the thing actually backing it.  For a
graphical console that would be the emlated graphic device.  For a text
console it would be the serial line or monitor hooked up to it.

With this in place we should be able to answer questions like "which
device backs this QemuConsole" by inspecting the object tree and handle
requests like "do a screendump of this device please".  It will also be
useful to setup input routing: "pointer events from $this QemuConsole
should to $that virtual input device".

Hints how to do that best?  Pointers to sample code to look at?  From a
brief look it seems we only QOM-ified emulated devices and not host-side
objects yet ...
You could look at virtio-rng. TPM doesn't use QOM yet AFAIR.

Yes, I am doing the conversion for TPM.

   Stefan