qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Connection breaks for macvtap

From: Richa Marwaha
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Connection breaks for macvtap
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:53:20 -0400

Hi

I am trying to run some KVM fuzz testing where I have a tool called scapy running on my host and guest which changes the data in the IP header of the packages and send it out to the host and vice versa. I have macvtap setup on my host (have tried both VEPA and Bridge mode).
My ssh connection to my guest breaks down after having send just 22 packets and also the gnome crashes. I see the following message in the dmesg

dbus[545]: [system] Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_return", sender=":1.0" (uid=0 pid=499 comm="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-logind ") interface="(unset)" member="(unset)" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.17" (uid=42 pid=658 comm="/usr/bin/gnome-session -f --debug ")

The connection to the guest restart but wanted to know what makes it breakdown.

Regards,
Richa Marwaha