qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC: Which instruction to fetch at Power-On?

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC: Which instruction to fetch at Power-On?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:46:17 +0100

On 28.03.2013, at 12:42, Fabien Chouteau wrote:

> While working on a patch to remove env->hreset_excp_prefix, I'm looking
> at which instruction should be the fetched first at power-on. I'm lost
> in all the PPC version and configuration, can anyone (Alex :) can help
> me with this mess?

Phew - I'd say just keep the targets you don't know exactly as they are :).
That way you at least don't break anything that wasn't broken before.

For the targets where you do know better (like 7x0), change its behavior to be
correct according to the respective spec.

> BTW, is there somewhere some kind of table that gives for all PPC cores
> which specification(s) they implements?

All I have are a number of core specs, but I really only have a fraction of
what QEMU implements. Most of that code heavily predates me. I don't think
there's any document that contains information for multiple different cores.

Alex