qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: 答复: 答复: question a bout performance of dataplane

From: Abel Gordon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: 答复: 答复: question a bout performance of dataplane
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 17:01:06 +0300

Zhangleiqiang <address@hidden> wrote on 07/04/2013 04:34:45 PM:

> Hi, Abel Gordon:
>
>    The CPU info of host is as follows:
>
>    Physical CPU:        2
>    Core Per Phy CPU:      6
>    HT:               enabled
>
>    According to your advice, I have finished another benchmark which
> ensures vcpus (32) is more than the cpu cores of host (24). The
> Results showed that the dataplane enabled did have obvious advantage
> over non-dataplane under Random write mode too.

Thank you very much for sharing these numbers.
Did you try to evaluate how both mechanisms scale with many VMs ?

For example, you can run:
 1 VM with 2 VCPUs
  then 2 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
  then 3 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
  up to 12 VMs with 2 VCPUs each

and compare the results: average performance per VM for each
configuration.