qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: quest ion about performance of datapla

From: Abel Gordon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: quest ion about performance of dataplane
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 14:31:19 +0300

Zhangleiqiang <address@hidden> wrote on 08/04/2013 02:13:50 PM:

> I think do multiple benchmarks with the same situation and calc the
> average value will eliminate the "side effects".

Calculating the average of multiple benchmarks may not solve the issue.
For example, if for the dataplane scenario the "other" VM do X IOPs
and for no-dataplane the "other" VM do Y IOPs then you may not be
comparing apples to apples (unless you consider the "other" VM
as part of the results).

> > Last thing, IMHO, you should also evaluate scalability:
> > how dataplane and no-dataplane perform  when you run multiple VMs ?
> >
> > For example,
> >   first  1 VM  with 2 VCPUs
> >   then   2 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
> >   then   3 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
> >   up to 12 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
> >
> > It seems like you unintentionally tested what happens with 2 VMs when
> > you added the "other" VM to create I/O pressure.
>
> Indeed, the fact I used 2 VMs in previous benchmark is to ensure the
> vcpus is less than the host's cores, eg, each vm had 8 vpus.
> Thanks for your advice, I will evaluate the scalability,  :)

Thanks, I am looking forward for the results :)