qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] weird behaviour of numlock key

From: Nikola Ciprich
Subject: [Qemu-devel] weird behaviour of numlock key
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:45:44 +0200

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out the reason of strange problem we're having.
When I start some VM under qemu-kvm, and connect using VNC, numlock
behaves in a funny way. First press of the numeric keyboard behaves
like numlock is enabled (or disabled), another presses then behave
the opposite way - therefore for example pressing '1' on numpad issues:
<End>
1
1

etc. Trying to google this up, it seems that people are having various trouble
with numlock/capslock (usually it's disabled on remote machine while enabled
locally
or vice versa), I understand that some of them are caused by the VNC itself..

However I was not able to find any mention about this particular problem
(or solution) and I think it could be directly qemu-related..

Any idea on how to debug this?

I'm using qemu-1.4.0 x86_64 on RHEL6 based system.

Thanks a lot for any replies in advance

BR

nik

--