qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:03:07 -0500

On 03/26/2013 02:34:50 AM, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can the virtio things (serial, network, block, virtfs) be used on arbitrary > targets yet? I.E. Can I use a virtio network device on arm, mips, powerpc,
> sparc...

Yes. Moreover, for sparc64 the virtio network is currently the only
way to have a network under Linux guest (and a virtio block is the
only to have a disk under Linux guest).

Do you have an example kernel .config and qemu command line showing how to use virtio for those? (Or a working sparc64 image you can point me to?)

Thanks,

Rob