qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/usb/host-libusb.c:1254:217: err or: ‘LIBUSB_LOG_LEVE

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/usb/host-libusb.c:1254:217: err or: ‘LIBUSB_LOG_LEVEL_WARNING’ undecla red here (not in a function)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:54:57 +0100

On 18 April 2013 10:40, Michael Tokarev <address@hidden> wrote:
> The error in $subject is spewed when trying to compile current
> qemu code on my debian wheezy system.
>
> /usr/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h does not define any LIBUSB_LOG_LEVEL*
> constants.  libusb-1.0-0 on my system is of version 1.0.11.
>
> Should we define some minimum libusb-1.0 version requiriment, or
> conditionally compile the 'loglevel' property?  Which minimum
> version is needed?

I think it would be sufficient for QEMU to use a hardcoded '2'
rather than the symbolic constant -- AFAICT older libusb
provides the functions for setting log level and the same set
of options, it just doesn't provide an enum for them.

(In particular we already rely on the integer values having
well defined and stable meanings across different libusb
versions, because we're exposing access to them to the user
via a pure integer property...)

-- PMM