qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM VM(windows xp) reseted when running geekbench for a

From: Gleb Natapov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM VM(windows xp) reseted when running geekbench for about 2 days
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:55:32 +0300

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:00:49PM +0000, Zhanghaoyu (A) wrote:
> I start 10 VMs(windows xp), then running geekbench tool on them, about 2
> days, one of them was reset,
> I found the reset operation is done by
> int kvm_cpu_exec(CPUArchState *env)
> {
>        switch (run->exit_reason)
>         case KVM_EXIT_SHUTDOWN:
>             DPRINTF("shutdown\n");
>             qemu_system_reset_request();
>             ret = EXCP_INTERRUPT;
>             break;
> }
>
> KVM_EXIT_SHUTDOWN exit reason was set previously in triple fault handle
> handle_triple_fault().

How do you know that reset was done here? This is not the only place
where qemu_system_reset_request() is called.

> What causes the triple fault?

Are you asking what is triple fault or why it happened in your case?
For the former see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_fault
For the later it is to late to tell after VM reset. You can run QEMU with
-no-reboot -no-shutdown. VM will pause instead of rebooting and then you
can examine what is going on.

--
                        Gleb.