qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding Disk-Level Introspection to QEMU

From: Wolfgang Richter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding Disk-Level Introspection to QEMU
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:20:10 -0700

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
I think what you really want is a "tap" block driver which mirrors
writes to a target device (typically a NBD volume).  You can model this
on blkverify or check out Benoit Canet's quorum patches.

Stefan

An interesting thought, what we're basically talking about now is a
"RAID 1" block device exposed by QEMU (no OS support needed).
I think (?) it could have wider applicability than just introspection,
and it could someday be extended to other forms of RAID.

I think I'll implement such a block device, unsure of what to call it
(blkraid ?).