qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:43:37 -0500

On 04/27/2013 03:00:06 PM, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
> For a lot of the 64-bit targets, actual 64 bit userspace support is
> strangely lacking. For ppc64 they say to use ppc32, and I've been told that
> about sparc64 as well. I don't know if this is an optimization or a
> requirement. I have a 32 bit image, I'd like to test the 64 bit codepaths as
> well...

I guess it's rather an optimisation. At least I saw BusyBox working under
QEMU before the sparc v8plus was fixed.

If you mean http://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/busybox-sparc that's a 32-bit binary output from the Aboriginal Linux build. (I try to upload new ones each time Denys has a release, but I'm buried in todo items and don't always get to it. Right now I need to clean up and repost the inittmpfs patches for 3.9...)

Rob