qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Last Call for 1.5 before Hard Freeze

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Last Call for 1.5 before Hard Freeze
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 22:41:35 +0200

Il 06/05/2013 22:31, Anthony Liguori ha scritto:
> Jordan Justen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I believe I have processed all of the outstanding pull requests and
>>> patches tagged for 1.5.  If there are any other patches or pull requests
>>> you would like to be considered, please respond to this note with a
>>> pointer to the patch or make sure you send it out tagged with 'for-1.5'
>>> no later than 5pm US/Eastern.
>>
>> Is there a chance of including the KVM PC flash series in 1.5?
>> Unfortunately, I'm assuming no given the timing.
>
> I think we're going to need to delay it.  Did we ever come to a
> consensus about what to do on older kernels?

Yes, the patches only use the new feature is -pflash is given on the
command line.  memory_region_set_readonly is only used in a few places,
so I think this series could go in; it is a fix for a TCG-mode regression.

I'm curious however if it causes -M isapc to regress, because in 1.4 it
works only in KVM mode, not in TCG mode.

Paolo