qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of more PPC64 insns

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of more PPC64 insns
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 13:48:11 +0200

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

  On 7 May 2013 11:27, Torbjorn Granlund <address@hidden> wrote:
  > Alexander Graf <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  >   There's a certain chance that happens, yes. We don't have instruction
  >   test suites for the PPC target.
  >
  > There certainly are more bugs.  GMP still crashes all over the place.

  If you want to more seriously test the PPC instructions
  it might be worth extending risu to cope with more than
  just the ARM architecture...

I am an involuntary tester of lots of software, and a voluntary tester
of my own software.

I think we should do testing of the software we write ourselves, since we
else hurt the productivity of the community.

I waste half my hacking time on other hackers' plain bugs.

But no, I will not become a voluntary tester of the qemu hackers'
untested code...

--
Torbjörn