qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [0/8] RFC: VFIO and guest side IOMMUs, revisited

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [0/8] RFC: VFIO and guest side IOMMUs, revisited
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:23:30 +0200

Il 13/05/2013 12:54, David Gibson ha scritto:
> Specifically the way the iommu is
> determined from a callback in the PCIBus means that it won't be
> assigned for devices under a PCI-PCI bridge.

Right.  I saw the report from Alexey, but I am a bit wary of touching it
because it's not a regression.  In fact there is even a FIXME for it:

        /* FIXME: inherit memory region from bus creator */

Perhaps we can make pci_iommu_as a Bus method, where the default
implementation looks up along the chain, and the end of the recursion is
in SysBus or in PCI buses that have set the callback.

Paolo