qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cross-Compiling Qemu for Aarch64?

From: John Rigby
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cross-Compiling Qemu for Aarch64?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 21:16:22 -0600

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM, John Rigby <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 16 May 2013 12:09, Mian M. Hamayun <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am currently trying to compile qemu for Aarch64 but so far I haven't been
>>> able to configure qemu for this purpose.
>>> My first objective is to just configure and cross-compile qemu for Aarch64,
>>> which is currently blocked by the qemu's dependency on cross-compiled
>>> "glib-2.12".
>>> For example, when I use the following configure command:
>>>
>>> ./configure --cross-prefix=aarch64-linux-gnu- --target-list=arm-softmmu
>>> --enable-fdt --static
>>>
>>> I get the following error:
>>> ERROR: glib-2.12 required to compile QEMU
>>
> I'm cross building in a raring chroot on a precise host.  I started
> with the instructions here:
> https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossCompile/arm64bootstrap
>
> I had some trouble and had to install some packages brute force
> because wookey's repo was out of sync with the ubuntu repo.  Once I
> got it working I have not touched it.
>
> I'm trying to reproduce this with what is currently there.  Once I get
> something working I'll send the steps and add a wiki page somewhere.

Adding Wookey.

I tried
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossCompile/arm64bootstrap
and nothing works past the line where it recommends saving the
tarball.

Wookey, we have folks who would like to cross compile qemu for
aarch64, any ideas?

I have a working raring chroot tarball that I created back in March.
I followed the instructions until failure then grabbed debs by hand
and installed them.  Yes ugly I know.

--john