qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 9pfs: unWRITAble dirs with random errors in guest

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 9pfs: unWRITAble dirs with random errors in guest
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 20:12:54 +0400

Rehashing an old thread again...

28.02.2013 21:25, M. Mohan Kumar wrote:
> Michael Tokarev <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> 28.02.2013 17:55, M. Mohan Kumar wrote:
>>> Michael Tokarev <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please try mounting with -oversion=9p2000.L
>>>
>>> With qemu-1.4.0 and 9p2000.L, I could not recreate this issue. ie not
>>> getting Unknown error during directory listing.
>>
>> Yes, with 9p2000.L it works fine, both reported
>> issues are gone.
>>
>>> I am using Guest kernel 3.8.0-rc5+.
>>
>> But do you see my original error, with the default mount version?
>> (I'm using 3.2 guest kernel if that matters, and it is also 32bits,
>> which should not matter).
> Yes, with default mount option, i am getting same error.

So, is there any intention to fix that for the default mount
options?  Or should the corresponding protocol be just marked
as broken and qemu to refuse its usage?  I think it is either
one or another, -- either fix or drop, that is, keeping
known-broken behavor isn't exactly the right thing.

Thanks,

/mjt