qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] make check breakage on 32 bit hosts

From: mdroth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] make check breakage on 32 bit hosts
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 10:26:48 -0500

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 12:00:57PM +0000, Blue Swirl wrote:
> I get this on i386 chroot for make check:
>
> GTESTER tests/test-qmp-output-visitor
> **
> ERROR:/src/qemu/tests/test-qmp-output-visitor.c:595:check_native_list:
> assertion failed: (tmp)
> GTester: last random seed: R02S559792e7c8d0762d9a2ee153fba8896c
> **

Tests case looks correct, problem seems to be that we cast list node to
GenericList, which expects the 'value' field to be a pointer type. With
native lists types these are in some cases non-pointer types, like
intList, where 'value' is an int64_t. On 32-bit archs this cast leads to
use uses incorrect offset when trying to traverse the list.

Don't see a way to fix this outside of making the code generators do
a bit of massaging for these cases rather than a cast. Looking at it
now, but might not be able to send a patch till later.