qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 'qemu-nbd' explicit flush

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 'qemu-nbd' explicit flush
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:42:15 +0200

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 06:00:08PM +0000, Mark Trumpold wrote:

> [...]

I'm suggesting that you don't need to modify qemu-nbd.  If your host is
running nbd.ko with flush support, then it should be enough to open the
device and issue fsync(2).

You can verify this using tcpdump(8) and checking that the NBD FLUSH
command is really being sent by the host kernel.  If not, double check
you're using the latest nbd.ko.

Stefan