qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-05-28

From: Peter Stuge
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-05-28
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:55:11 +0200

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > and pass down the
> > tables to the firmware (through a now unspecified interface -- perhaps
> > the tables could even be installed at this point).
>
> As far I know coreboot can add more stuff such as acpi tables to cbfs at
> runtime and seabios able to access cbfs too and pull informations from
> coreboot that way.

Only a minor correction - cbfs is the flash image, which so far
doesn't really change at runtime. Stuff added at runtime goes into
"coreboot tables" which is a coreboot-specified data structure which
SeaBIOS finds and uses to know things like the memory map.

When using coreboot+SeaBIOS on real hardware, ACPI tables are built
and put in place by coreboot, and never modified by SeaBIOS AFAIK.

//Peter