qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kFreeBSD and USB support

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kFreeBSD and USB support
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 00:17:02 +0400

Hello.

On debian we, for a long time, used the following hack
in a build script of qemu:

# Hack alert.  qemu-1.3 still needs this.
# On recent kFreebsd, old USB host API has been removed,
# but qemu did not learn to use new USB API.
# Just do not build USB host support.
        sed -i 's/^HOST_USB=bsd/HOST_USB=stub/' \
                qemu-build/config-host.mak

This isn't really FreeBSD but "kFreeBSD", which is
a FreeBSD kernel (and ofcorse the kernel headers)
and some more linux-like userspace - it is Debian
userspace running on top of FreeBSD kernel.

This effectively disables host usb support for
kFreeBSD.  And since I guess the kernel headers
are the same on regular FreeBSD, I think the same
issue happens on regular FreeBSD too, that is,
host usb does not work there as well.

What is the status of this situation now?

Thanks,

/mjt