qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] how to know qemu devices topology

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] how to know qemu devices topology
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:50:12 +0200

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 01:26:21PM +0800, yue-kvm wrote:
> 1. how could i know how many devices qemu support and  hardware topology of
> all of them?
>
> 2.the  quantitativerestriction of guest's devices. vcpu,disk,ethernet,memory?

Some resources are limited by the bus (e.g. PCI slots).  The details
depend on the machine type because the emulated busses are different.

Other resources may be limited on guest factors like firmware tables or
device tree.

Others may be limited only by host hardware resources.

Your question is very broad and you need to look into specifics to find
the answers.  If you want a quick solution, I suggest looking at vendor
documentation - for example, look what distros shipping KVM say about
x86 guest limits.

Stefan